How it works
Black Taxi Tours offers unrivalled personalised and flexible service. Your taxi collects you from your central London hotel or address and drops you off there or at an agreed destination in central London when the tour is finished.
The driver takes you on a route chosen by you, or you can let him guide you around London, stopping off at the major sights. There will be plenty of opportunities to stop and get out the cab for photographs (or grab a coffee on the way) and you can choose how long you stop at each site – the tours are totally flexible! And the drivers will provide a full commentary, packed with anecdotes you won’t find in a guide book.
And don’t forget to have your photograph taken with the driver outside his cab – Black Taxis are famous London landmarks too!
- tWith Black Taxi Tours you don’t have to wait around for other visitors on your tour. Your tour begins the minute the driver collects you at your hotel and ends the minute he drops you off. Black Taxi Tours also avoid those unwanted stops that coach tours make at tourist-trap gift shops and cafes.
- Black Taxi Tours can be modified to follow the route you choose, and you can stop as long and as often as you want to take photos. Tours can also begin at any time of the day or night.
- Black Taxi Tours can use narrow historic streets, by-ways and legendary parts of London, where buses and coaches can never venture.
- Black Taxi Tours offer great value for money. Each taxi cab can take up to 5 passengers. We also have 6 seater fully licensed Mercedes black cabs and electric cabs.
- Please note that during our tours we only visit the outside of London’s famous landmarks. If you would like to take time to go inside any of the historic venues, we will be happy to wait for you and add this to the tour time.
- You can be confident that the taxi cabs you travel in will be clean and comfortable. All the cab drivers must pass a strict exam before being granted a license to operate. Each cab driver has an individual badge and registration number which is permanently on display in the taxi cab
- Our tours cater for people who are less mobile. All our taxis are wheelchair assessible and have a swing seat and a step to help access.
- Concerned about the environment? We are too and are now pleased to announce we have our first all-electric black cab in our fleet
- Need a tour in your own language? We can cater for that too. We have drivers who speak French, German, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Arabic.
How to Pay
With a Black Taxi Tour, you only pay on the actual day of the tour. Payment is made directly to the driver at the end of the tour, by cash or credit card. There is no need for a deposit.
If you are organizing a tour on behalf of somebody else and would like to pre-pay in advance, we do have a facility for this. Please email us for details.
We also have a wide variety of taxi-cabs in numerous colours including PLAIN BLACK and PLAIN WHITE available with cabbies for private hire for:
- Treasure Hunts
- Corporate Entertainment
- Corporate Events
- TV & Films
- Special Occasions